Tenterden Terrier

Terrier Number 17 – Winter 1978

Tenterden Terrier Number 17Number 17 – Winter 1978

7-9
Trial trip: Part two – Return home
‘Ringing Rock’
Recollections of an expedition from Tenterden Town to bridge 1029 and back in the Sentinel ‘Gervase’ in the early 1960s to recover ‘Marcia’ and ‘Dom’

10
All together again
Brian Stephenson
Photographs of former staff members at the official reopening of Wittersham Road station on 16 June 1978: Archie Judd (Salford Terrace), Tommy Edwards (Salford Terrace), Arthur Iggulden (Salford Terrace), Bill Austen (Salford Terrace), Jack Hoad (driver, K&ESR), Eric Thompson (driver, K&ESR) and Arthur Harris (Tenterden station, K&ESR)

11-16
Wittersham Road – the story of a station
Paul Sutton
The project co-ordinator describes the rebuilt station at Wittersham Road, using materials from several locations including a station building from Borth, near Aberystwyth, coping slabs from Heathfield and railings from Cranbrook.  Includes photographs by Brian Stephenson of the opening ceremony by the Rt Hon Edward Heath MBE MP on 16 June 1978

18-19
What you think of the Tenterden Terrier
Results of a questionnaire distributed with the Tenterden Terrier (about 23% were returned)

21-24
Shropshire sidelines
A Michael Davies and Stephen Garrett
From 1921 until 1933, the Shropshire & Montgomeryshire Light Railway added  to its income by hiring out rowing boats at Crew Green on the Criggion branch and by renting out ‘Commodious Camping Huts’ – ex War Department circular corrugated iron huts – at Crew Green and elsewhere