Tenterden Terrier

Terrier Number 22 – Summer 1980

Tenterden Terrier Number 22Number 22 – Summer 1980

11-12
Taking the test (Part 1)
Simon Green
Training and tests required for promotion to an engine driver

13-14
Work proceeds on the Woodchurch coach
Philip Rimmer
A former London, Chatham & Dover Railway carriage body (SE&CR No.3059) recovered from a farm at Woodchurch in 1976 (see Tenterden Terrier No.11, winter 1976, p.7) has been placed on a modified parcel van underframe

20-21
Trackwork in progress
Photographs of work in the wet cutting and at Northiam level crossing  in 1980

23-27
The Headcorn Extension revisited
Paul Sutton
Illustrated description of a walk along the trackbed of the K&ESR from Tenterden to Headcorn, including photographs of St Michael's Tunnel, High Halden Road station, Frittenden Road station and Biddenden station

29-30
Points of interest
“0334”
Review of correspondence with the Board of Trade in 1909 and 1910 over proposals to divide the Northiam to Rolvenden section with a staff post at Wittersham Road and the Robertsbridge to Northiam section with a staff post and passing siding at Boadiam

31-32
Wealden Pullman – 1980
Doug Lindsay
Describes improvements to the Wealden Pullman dining service, especially as regards Pullman car 'Barbara'

35-38
Passenger stock of the East Kent Light Railways
Stephen Garrett
Detailed history of carriage stock used by the East Kent from 1912 until passenger services ceased in October 1948